29 July 2009

And Beyond

DEREK
Into the void we cycledAlgonquin Park is canoeist heaven. It seemed as if there was more lake area than land area. With so many ideal swimming holes, it was a shame that the weather remained uncooperative. When cycling through thunderstorms in wet clothes, swimming loses its appeal. So we blasted onward, stopping for a brief celebration when Erika reached one thousand miles on her odometer, thus completing her benefit ride for the Alzheimer’s Association! But she’s not ready to stop riding yet.



ERIKA

After twenty-nine days and only one day without cycling, I reached one thousand miles since Pawling, NY!

4 comments:

  1. ****YOU GO GIRL****I can hardly believe that my little girl has traveled 1,000 miles on a bicycle!!! =0) I am so proud of you for not giving up or calling me in the middle of the night to rescue you (I thought about rescuing you anyway!) and successfully completing your mission. I would have surely been transported by ambulance long ago had I attempted this feat!! Did I mention how happy I am for you? Enjoy your adventures...this is YOUR TIME to take life by the horns and do whatever makes YOU happy. You have no obligations to anyone but YOURSELF. You and Derek are absolutely adorable together I Bob and I could not be happier for you both! We LOVE You!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say "You go girl!" Well, Sue, I guess you do have first dibs...

    Anyway I am also very proud of you and I like to live vicariously through you, pretending that I am as cool as you by association and telling everyone how awesome you are.

    I'm expecting another call, and any more postcards would also be appreciated. I miss that I won't see you this summer after all but I am sure I will soon.

    Lots of love and best of luck,
    your friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WarehousesupervisorAugust 3, 2009 at 11:08 AM

    I just received your letter...I am speachless and teary-eyed. I will treasure this always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erika,

    I ask your mom how your doing almost every day. Your AMAZING! I wish that I had the courage to do what your doing when I was 20. All of those perceived responsibilities kept me from following any dreams that I may have had. Your living it! EXCELLENT!!!! Keep pedaling!!!!

    ReplyDelete